Are you looking for the best golf balls for seniors? All of the major golf ball manufacturers or gold ball brands offer a range of golf balls of different models. From an Out-and-Out distance model to premium tour-caliber balls, mid-price offerings, and everything in between they have a vast collection. Some of the balls are more capable to offer the older or senior golfers.
Some of the senior golfers break the stereotypes by gradually declining swing speed with each year passing. There are also many old golfers who can not swing as fast as they did once or hit as far as they used to do.
Many brands provide balls, which is specifically designed to launch higher and therefore come down sharper. With the age, the vision also gets weaker. Many brands like Volvik and others offer a range of bright-colored balls, to see in gloomier light. Now we will lead to the best golf balls for seniors.
Things To Remember When You Are Buying A Golf Ball
As a golfer, whenever I buy any of the golf kits I check certain things. Especially while buying golf balls I become more specific. There are some checkpoints that help me select the best golf balls for seniors. Here I am sharing that with you all.
With age, our vision gets weaker. So choosing a ball that can be clearly visible from a distance definitely serves a benefit. Balls with bright colors help me a lot. This saves time looking for the ball and allows me to enjoy it more.
Place and Weather conditions
The weather condition and location, where you are going to play is a major factor in selecting the right ball. Soft courses seek longer carry and also have softer green while in links courses where balls roll out further and for control on the greens requires more spin. Windy and coastal areas need different balls in order to stay below the wind.
Buying the cheapest ball is not a solution, as expensive balls offer more spin, even side spins. But it is not necessary that every expensive ball will be perfect for you. As per your convenience and demands, you should select a golf ball.
When you are taking the final decision in choosing your ball. Be clear about what you want. Prioritize them one by one and stick to that. Everyone can not do everything, it also goes for non-living objects as well. As per your priority ranking select the best golf ball for seniors or for you.
Top 10 Best Golf Balls For Seniors
Some senior players are comfortable playing with any ball. And the others search for the right ball, which will help them to maximize their potential. Here is a list of the 10 best golf balls for seniors.
1. Callaway Supersoft
The supersoft is basically a two-piece and low compression ball, which performs really well in comparison to its price. This ball consists of 35 ultra-low compression points core, which is extremely soft. This belongs to the softest balls available.
This ball is designed in order to give an increased distance, faster ball speed, and last but not least straight ball flight. The hex aerodynamics technology with low drag, which promotes low spin, is combined here. So, it is one of the best golf balls for seniors
- Vibrant color options
- With a soft feel, it offers awesome distance
- Brilliant on the putting green
- A unique look with Callaway hexagonal-shaped dimples
- Great features for beginner senior golfers
- The matte finish is not for everyone
- A lack of control can be felt by skilled golfers
- Absence of stopping distance on the green
2. Srixon AD333
This ball seems appealing to most of the senior golfers, which makes it the best golf ball for seniors. This reasonable golf ball serves as an all-rounder along with an amazing pedigree.
- Excellent feel around the green
- Competitively priced
- Fantastic distance off the tee
- With a golfing budget, astonishing value for seniors and makes it best golf balls for seniors
- Loss of small amount of grip around the green
3. TaylorMade TP5 the Golf Balls
With a Tri-Fast Core, this ball is 5-layer along with a Dual-Spin outer layer. It is more durable than the previous model.
- 85 compression
- New paint on the 322 urethane cover
- 5 layer construction for better performance on every club
- High launch with a less spin on the driver
- Soft feel along with more spin around the greens
- In case you are playing on a course with thick rough or plenty of water, it would be costly to lose a few balls during the round.
4. Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls (One Dozen)
Being one of the leading golf ball brands, Srixon offers golf balls for every kind of player and every playing type. This ball is suitable for advanced golf payers and also for beginners.
- Soft and thin cover, which offers a soft feel on chip shots and around the greens
- Fair priced and very affordable than other competitors
- To promote higher launching shots and distance, designed with a soft inside and firm outside
- A simple design to offer more consistent results
- In comparison with other balls in the market, this ball may not spin enough for advanced golfers
- For players, who prefer a firm feeling more, this ball may feel too soft
5. Chromax Metallic M5
Chromax Metallic M5 is a two-piece golf ball, which has a high energy Inner Core mixed with titanium powder along with 75 compression points. For excellent durability, it is molded under extreme pressure and high temperature. In order to achieve a longer distance, this ball is covered with a semi-transparent Surlyn Ball Cover of high flow poly-resin with 302 larger dimples.
- A strong core with a durable cover gives long shots along with extra roll
- A vast array of colors enhances visibility, especially in snowy weather
- With M5 all eyes on the golf course will be on you
- The color can be the reason for distraction as all other golfers attention will be on this ball
6. Mizuno RB566 golf ball
The large, high energy core offers a superb distance along with prolonged ball flight. It has a unique cover with not less than 566 dimples.
- Long air time as a result of extra hang time
- An excellent choice for mid to low wing speed in the warm conditions
- Though the cover is highly durable but not the softest
7. Bridgestone E5 High Flight
This is the only golf ball that has a two-piece high compression core with a urethane cover for more accuracy.
- The urethane cover offers more spin, which is helpful for old golfers
- Offers additional distance to the golfers with slower swing speeds
- More penetrating ball trajectory and distance will be suited for most experienced senior golfers and makes it best golf balls for seniors
- It is not for all senior golfers
8. Wilson Duo Soft+ golf ball
The brand claims this ball to be the longest and softest premium two-piece ball in the golf industry. The VelocitiCOR is the ultimate powerhouse to back up the performance of Duo Soft+ ball. For a steeper descent, this ball is engineered in order to launch higher off irons and on full shots into the greens added stopping power.
- New core design assists in added distance
- For more modest swing speed, ultra-low 36 compression is just perfect
- Some may find it too hard around the greens due to its Surlyn cover
9. Vice Drive golf ball
This golf ball has a soft Energy Speed Core that helps the players with low to medium swing speeds that generate added distance. The Surlyn cover with highly cut resistance makes it more durable. The latest model of Drive serves up higher wedge spin, which rates for greater control close to the ground.
- For durability, it has an extremely cut-resistant cover
- These balls are one of the lowest priced in the market
- For faster than the average swing speeds for seniors, it is not suitable
10. Bridgestone e6 golf ball
For golfers with moderate swing speeds, who crave extra distance with plenty of feels, this Bridgestone e6 is specially engineered. The reformulated two-piece construction makes the ball easier to compress. This will help those earlier-mentioned golfers.
- At moderate swing speeds, it is easier to compress with the new model
- High ball speed due to the low compression core design
- On delicate greenside shots, not the softest feel
So, it was a neutral list of best golf balls for seniors without prioritizing any brand. In case you are not sure about which ball to shoes you can do a ball fitting. For at least 12 rounds, stick to one ball in order to check whether it is suitable for you or not.