Thinking about getting a new basketball hoop for your house but confused about the kind that make you want to get one? With all the options that are present in the market. It is quite obvious for an individual to be confused. However, you do not need to worry about a thing.
We have scoured the internet and have compiled all the information you would need in order to choose the right kind for you and your family. Let’s dive right in!
Types of basket hoops.
When choosing a basketball hoop, one needs to have proper knowledge about the different types of hoops that are out there. Each of these different types of hoops comes with their specific pros and cons. Therefore, while choosing the best basketball hoop for your home, you need to have good clarity about the kind you need or if it serves your purpose:
If you want flexibility, then this is the one you should get. This is the kind of hoop you can move around the house with ease. In most cases, the bases of these hoops are usually filled with water or sand, which adds stability to the hoop. These hoops are usually on the cheaper side; therefore, if you are on a budget, then this is a perfect choice.
However, one major con of this type of hoop is that they are essentially unstable. This means it could wobble while you play. As a result, this can be a major deal-breaker for some of the more serious players.
Therefore, this is the best basketball hoop for more casual players who do not want to spend a fortune on getting a basketball hoop for their home.
A more permanent option when compared to others. These hoops are installed directly into the ground. As a result, they are a sturdier option when you compare them with others. Given how these hoops are designed, they tend to offer a more ‘authentic’ playing experience to the players.
However, one very big con is that they are not at all portable since they are drilled into the ground. Secondly, these hoops are way too expensive to install as it takes a lot of work to install.
Thus, if you are a serious basketball enthusiast who is looking for a more authentic experience and have some moolah to spare, then this one is the best outdoor basketball hoop for you.
These hoops are directly attached to a wall or an elevated surface. Thus, these hoops take up way less space than the other two types. Therefore, these are the best basketball hoop options if you are somebody for whom space is a concern.
Given how it’s designed, this type of basketball hoop is the best basketball hoop for a driveway or your backyard. This type is the easiest to install when compared to the other two options. Moreover, this type is also the cheapest amongst the lot.
However, wall-mounted hoops are not known to be adjustable. As a result, they offer next to no flexibility, unlike portable hoops, which can be moved around.
Therefore, if you are somebody who is looking for something cheap and is concerned about the amount of space a basketball hoop might take up, then, a wall-mounted hoop is the best basketball hoop option for you.
Factors to remember while buying.
Now that you know about the different options that are out there, you would think that you are ready. However, that is not the case. Apart from the kinds, you also need to know about other essentials that play a key role in the process of choosing the best basketball hoop for your home.
- Rim: A standard rim of a basketball hoop is 18 inches in diameter. Most of the modern rims are equipped with breakaway springs. In some cheaper models, these springs can be exposed, which can result in its rusting. This would make the rim unstable while dunking.
- Poles: Only applicable if you are buying a portable or in-ground basketball hoop. Round poles are typical for portable or smaller in-ground basketball hoops. Round poles are made up of a lot of moving parts and are not suitable for dunking. Meanwhile, square poles are better resistant to vibration as they are made up of single steel pieces. Therefore, a basketball hoop that has a square pole is the best basketball hoop for dunking.
- Nets: Nylon nets are more common when it comes to basketball hoops. However, there are some options that come with chain links as well. While nylon nets are cheaper to replace, chain links are more durable. Therefore, you need to decide which one to choose for your home basketball set-up.
- Bases: Exclusive to portable basketball hoops, these bases are usually filled with sand or water. Another popular option is BaseGel. If mixed with 15 oz of water, it would harden and weigh around eight sandbags.
- Height adjustment: If you have kids at home, this is a factor that you need to look out for. Apart from wall-mounted hoops, the other two types do come with a height adjustment mechanism. However, if there is such a mechanism present, then there are chances that the hoop might have moving parts. This, in turn, can hamper the overall stability of the hoop.
- Backboard: This is the most important component of a basketball hoop. Backboards are usually of three types acrylic, tempered glass, or polycarbonate. Out of these three, tempered glass is the most expensive and is best suited for enthusiasts. Meanwhile, acrylic is the cheapest and is more suited for casual usage. Finally, polycarbonate is a good middle-ground between tempered and acrylic and provides durability as well as affordability.
Frequently Asked Question: (FAQs):-
Ans. According to the internet, ‘First Team Attack™ In Ground Basketball Hoop’ and ‘Bison Aluminum In Ground Basketball Hoop’ are two of the highest rated in this respective category. However, the prices of these in-ground hoops are quite high as they are flagship models.
Ans. GoSports Splash Hoop PRO basketball hoop is one of the highest-rated pool basketball hoops on Amazon. This product is known to be quite sturdy and is suited for swimming pools. The hoop comes with two pool basketball and a pump to help inflate those balls.
Ans. Aokesi Indoor Mini Basketball Hoop is perfect for your little one. It is safe and durable and comes at a cheap price point. The kit includes balls, a wall mounting apparatus, and a pump. This makes it easy to install.
In the end, the decision lies with you completely. However, these are some of the factors that you need to remember in order to buy a new basketball set-up for your home. While some are more durable, others provide more flexibility. Therefore, while deciding, you need to strike a subtle balance that suits your needs.
Have A Look :-